21/10/2025

Daily Life of a Reincarnated Explorer (ENG) C053

Chapter 053

‎

When I find a drop turtle, I immediately grill it and look for the next one. I did this throughout all the morning, but I only accumulated magic stones and no shells were dropped.

‎

It was lunchtime, so I had lunch at the [Lost House]. The menu was rice balls that my mother had brought for me, fresh tomatoes, and salt-grilled rainbow trout caught in the clear stream next to the field.

‎

As I was picking the tomatoes, I looked around and it looked like I could catch one, so I did. The salt I brought for the tomatoes came in handy in an unexpected place.

‎

When I finished eating and was about to resume turtle hunting, I felt a strong thought coming from the shrine. So I made some salt-grilled fish and offered them to the shrine. It seems even the gods can't resist wanting to eat when they see others eating something delicious.

‎

I hunted turtles for another hour, but still no shells. It was a low drop rate that I couldn't get one even with Tamamo, who could hunt them easily. I wonder how many days it would take for a normal party to get a shell.

‎

I gave up on turtle hunting and moved to the fifth floor to hunt ambush snakes. This was to create an alibi that I was on the fifth floor all day. I sold the magic stone and then went home.

‎

It would be unnatural for Yu, who can't use magic, to hunt so many turtles. So I decided to say that I hunted ambush snakes all day.

‎

"You've hunted quite a lot. This will help us prevent flooding."

‎

"I want to make money to buy weapons. I think I'll do this a few times."

‎

I had a quick chat with the receptionist and left the guild. I saved the turtle's magic stone in the lost house because I can sell it later.

‎

I hunted turtles like that three times on the weekend, and finally got a shell just before July. I want to tell greed sensor-san that he doesn't have to work so hard.

‎

For now, I've achieved my goal, so I'll prepare for the final exams. My parents don't care about my grades, but it's not a reason for not doing my best.

‎

"Yu, Mai, do you have any plans for summer vacation?"

‎

One day, when the final exams were coming up, my dad asked me and Mai about our plans at dinner.

‎

"I've made plans to hang out with Kikuko and Megumi."

‎

"I'll probably just stay overnight and explore the dungeon."

‎

Mai seems to have made plans to hang out with her friends who meet up with her on the way to school. I'm planning to go into a dungeon a little ways away, under the pretext of going to get a turtle shell.

‎

"I see. Actually, I was asked to make a house call in a village that doesn't have any doctors. I thought that if we went together, we could do some sightseeing on the way back."

‎

"Then I'll tell them that it's not possible that day!"

‎

"I don't mind when I go to the dungeon, so I'll go."

‎

And so, we decided to go on our first family trip. Dad seemed relieved that he wouldn't have to leave his children behind.

‎

"Apparently the village's only doctor passed away and they can't find a replacement. So they've decided to send a doctor once a month."

‎

In my previous life, there were problems with depopulation and villages without doctors, but it seems that this problem couldn't be avoided in this world either.

‎

"I'll be there for a week from the beginning of August. I'll notify my patients with a notice or something."

‎

Our destination is a village deep in the mountains, but it seems to be fairly developed. I'm looking forward to my first trip in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life of a Reincarnated Explorer (ENG) C069

Chapter 069 ‎ After eating and taking a leisurely bath, I went to bed. I set my alarm to go off at seven in the morning and went to bed. ‎ I...