21/10/2025

Daily Life of a Reincarnated Explorer (ENG) C022

Chapter 022

‎  

The next day, I holed myself up in the dungeon from the morning and checked out the [lost house] that I had put off. I stopped at a convenience store on the way and bought some rice balls and drinks, so I was all set.

‎

As I did yesterday, I strayed from the shortest route on the first floor and headed for a place where no one would be. I defeated the charging pigs that attacked me on the way, using a different method than yesterday.

‎

First, I took the charging pig head-on. I was planning to deflect it if it was too hard, but although I felt the impact, it was easier than I thought, so I twisted its head, which I was holding, and took it down.

‎

After defeating a few of them, I was able to get quite far away, so I activated [fox spirit transformation] from my female form. I felt a strange sensation when my five senses that suddenly became sharper, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

‎

I saw a charging pig running towards me, so I activated [fox fire]. I thought about throwing it, but I stopped. Instead, I activated the [lost house] on the charging pig's path.

‎

A rectangle of light formed, which became the entrance to the lost house. This entrance only lets me and those I authorize pass through. So I thought that if I put it in front of those I don't authorize, it could become a wall.

‎

The result was just as I expected. The charging pig collided with the wall of light and flipped over in shock. I finished it off with a heel drop and threw the magic stone it dropped into my backpack.

‎

I walked freely through the air with [Air Walk], hit them with long-range attacks with [Fox Fire], and even if they got close, I could use the ironclad defense of the lost house. Fox spirit-san, don't you think you have some unfair abilities?

‎

I need to test how strong the wall of light is, but it's not something that will break so easily. Thinking this, I passed through the wall of light.

‎

"This is a view that makes me want to relax and have some Japanese tea."

‎

What I saw when I stepped into the lost house was a two-story Japanese house with a thatched roof, and in the back, behind several red torii gates, was a small shrine

‎

There is a stream running behind the house, and the sound of cool water makes me forget about killing monsters in the dungeon.

‎

First, let's explore the thatched roof house. I pull open the sliding door, enter the doma*, and take off my shoes. The inside is a typical old Japanese house, with no Western-style rooms and all rooms with tatami mats.

‎

However, the kitchen, bathroom, and toilet are all modern, so it seems like there won't be any inconveniences living here. Luckily, the stove and bath don't use firewood.

‎

Looking out the window at the back of the house, there is indeed a stream running. A field has been made between the house and the stream, and a wide variety of crops are bearing fruit.

‎

"I can get meat in the dungeon and harvest vegetables in the Lost House. I can totally live in the dungeon."

‎

This is the kind of treatment I'm given. That's how much God-sama wants me to progress in my dungeon exploration. After all that it's done for me, I need to live up to the expectations, or as a man, I will lose face.

‎

"... Ah, I'm not a man now."

‎

This was no time to half-way escape reality. It was getting harder and harder to know when and how to make this ability known.

‎

"Maybe if I go to an Inari shrine, I'll be given some good wisdom."

‎

It's true what they say about praying to the gods when you're in trouble. I gave up thinking and walked the dirt floor back.

‎

‎

‎

*TL: doma is a traditional japanese area of a house with a earthen floor, used generally as middle space between the inside and the outside, working manly as entraces, workspace, temporary storage areas and part of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life of a Reincarnated Explorer (ENG) C069

Chapter 069 ‎ After eating and taking a leisurely bath, I went to bed. I set my alarm to go off at seven in the morning and went to bed. ‎ I...