21/10/2025

Daily Life of a Reincarnated Explorer (ENG) C064

Chapter 064

‎

On the way to the 14th floor, I was attacked by kobolds several times. However, Tamamo's senses were so sharp that I could detect the sound and presence of approaching kobolds, so it wasn't a surprise attack, and the kobolds were weaklings that could be easily burned, as they were less agile than the Fire Hawk and less physically strong than the Orc.

‎

Normal fire magic would ignite the trees, so I hesitated to use it, but foxfire only burns what I want. So I didn't hesitate to roast them whole with foxfire.

‎

The 14th floor was a grass field. The monsters that appear on this floor are insect-type monsters called jumping centipedes. They are giant centipedes, but when you get close, they jump up, and skillfully wrap around you.

‎

This was a grass field, but if it had been a cave or labyrinth, they would drop from the ceiling and wrap around me, making them a difficult enemy.

‎

As you would expect from a centipede, their exoskeleton is hard, and if you fight with a sword, you can't deal effective damage unless you aim for their joints. This is an opponent that requires magic or a blunt weapon.

‎

As I walked cautiously, a jumping centipede approached me immediately. I dodged the centipede that jumped at me and slashed at its leg. The sharp blade on the outer edge of the iron fan easily cut through the centipede's exoskeleton.

‎

Several legs fell off, and the centipede threatened me by clanging its large fangs. However, since I had proven that I could cut it down with the iron fan, it was not a scary opponent.

‎

As the centipede tried to bite me to pieces from the front with its fangs, I slashed it repeatedly, slicing through its fangs and head. Its head was left in tatters from the cuts, and it turned into a magic stone.

‎

I headed for the fifteenth floor while searching for my next prey. I fired two foxfires at the jumping centipede that appeared and burned it down. The rare drop, the centipede shell can be sold for a high price as material for armor, but here too, the greed sensor must have done its job, and I didn't get any.

‎

And the next floor is the fifteenth. The field is a wilderness and visibility is not bad. The monster that appears here is called Salamander. As its name suggests, it is a lizard that uses fire magic.

‎

I thought about fighting on my way to the sixteenth floor, but I decided to fill my stomach first. It is always midday inside the dungeon, so it is hard to tell the passage of time.

‎

I harvested cucumbers and tomatoes from the lost house's fields. I had eaten steak twice in a row, so this time I opted for shabu-shabu. The lightly cooked meat was delicious enough even without sauce.

‎

I suppressed my desire to eat more and left the lost house. It's not good to have a full stomach if I'm going to exercise soon.

‎

As I followed the path to the sixteenth floor, a Salamander appeared. Although it's just a lizard, it is bigger than a crocodile, so it is quite impressive.

‎

Thinking that it probably wouldn't work, I fired a foxfire at it just to be sure. It hit its face but it didn't seem to have any effect. It fired a fireball in return. I also blocked with my outstretched fan. Since neither side can use projectiles, the battle shifts to close combat.

‎

The salamander moves its short legs deftly as it approaches. Sadly, since fire magic is ineffective, the only attacks left are bites and strikes with its tail.

‎

I move to the right to dodge its full-force bite, and it swings its whip-like tail. I intercept it with my closed iron fan, knocking it down, then deliver a heel strike to its vulnerable torso.

‎

The salamander's back should be fairly tough, but the damage seemed to reach its internal organs, and it stopped moving. I kicked it into the air and swung the closed iron fan down on its head, slamming it into the ground, where it instantly transformed into a magic stone.

‎

Even if the foxfire doesn't work, it looks like I can still fight solo. I'll try diving a little further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life of a Reincarnated Explorer (ENG) C069

Chapter 069 ‎ After eating and taking a leisurely bath, I went to bed. I set my alarm to go off at seven in the morning and went to bed. ‎ I...