21/10/2025

Daily Life of a Reincarnated Explorer (ENG) C048

Chapter 048

‎

"Yu, why do you look so gloomy?"

‎

"It's because something depressing happened..."

‎

Dad was worried about me at the dinner table. I was careful not to show it on my face, but it seems I couldn't hide it from my family. Mom and Mai were both looking at me worriedly.

‎

"If you have any worries, come talk to me. We're family."

‎

"No, it's nothing serious. I just have to go to the guild in the 2222 dungeon again tomorrow."

‎

Going to the guild itself isn't depressing, but the nature of the errand is just bothersome.

‎

"Did those guys who started accusing you say something?"

‎

"No, Mai's prophecy came true, so I'm just going to turn them down. It's not like I'm in trouble, so don't worry."

‎

The three of them were confused for a while, not understanding what I said to reassure the worried people. Mai was the first to notice.

‎

"Prophecy ... Onii-chan, were you scouted by an entertainment agency? From where, where did it came from?"

‎

Sister, Onii-chan is not a golden skull that laughs maniacly. That's a joke that won't work on young people, huh. And there's no golden bat* in this world anyway.

‎

"It seems like several came, but I'm not interested, so I didn't ask where they came from. There's no point in asking because I'll turn them down anyway."

‎

"What? That's such a waste! Onii-chan could be successful in the entertainment industry!"

‎

Mai has a very high opinion of me, but I don't think I can make it in the entertainment industry, and I don't even want to. No matter how much you're pampered, it's a world where you can be turned down and cut off at any moment.

‎

Besides, I have a promise with the goddess-sama. As long as I have a mission to advance the dungeon, I have no intention of getting into the entertainment industry. I wouldn't do it even if I didn't have a mission.

‎

"So, I'm leaving tomorrow morning. If I have time, I might go into the dungeon."

‎

"That's fine, but be careful. Don't get kidnapped by a stalker who saw Yu-chan on TV."

‎

"Surely there won't be any stalkers like that. Even if there were, they wouldn't be able to do anything to me by force."

‎

You'd need to be at least as strong as a blue-haired bear to be able to kidnap me by force. I guess you need physical strengthening skills to even try. Well, even if the skill is the same, the effectiveness varies from person to person, though.

‎

The next day, after going through my daily routine, I headed to the 2222 Dungeon Guild. Someone on the train looked at me and whispered in a low voice, but I wonder if they saw the broadcast.

‎

I arrived at the guild and lined up at the reception. I felt uncomfortable being the center of attention in the guild. It was my turn, so I'd make it quick.

‎

"Excuse me, my name is Takimoto..."

‎

"Takimoto-sama, right? Let me show you here, so please come in."

‎

Before I could explain my business, I was guided by a receptionist who had a sign at the counter saying that they were open. I was led through a hallway that was normally off-limits to non-staff and into a room that seemed to be a reception room.

‎

"Excuse me, I have brought Takimoto-sama."

‎

"Oh, thank you for your trouble. You should go back now. Sorry for the trouble, Takimoto-kun. Please sit there."

‎

Two men were sitting in the reception set. The one who was talking to the receptionist was probably a high-ranking guild boss. The other was probably a THK employee. I followed his advice and sat down on an expensive-looking sofa.

‎

‎

TN: golden bat (Ōgon Bat) a super hero first made for japanese paper theater in 1930, made into tv in 1967, considered to be the first of the super-hero genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life of a Reincarnated Explorer (ENG) C069

Chapter 069 ‎ After eating and taking a leisurely bath, I went to bed. I set my alarm to go off at seven in the morning and went to bed. ‎ I...